Mental illness does not have to hold you back
Make your way to wellness with fast mental health assessment, diagnosis and treatment from a medically-qualified private consultant psychiatrist.
It’s OK not to be OK
If you’re experiencing mental health issues, you’re not alone. In fact, one in four people struggle with mental health at some point in their lives.
Mood swings, panic attacks, intrusive thoughts, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, depression – these symptoms are just some of the common signs of mental illness. Left untreated, they’re likely to continue holding you back and could even get worse.
Don’t suffer in silence. The good news is: the sooner you get help, the quicker you’ll get better.
Your mental health is every bit as important as your physical health. Let’s take care of it so you can be free to live life at your best.
We’re qualified to help
Dr Hayward is a UK-trained Consultant Psychiatrist (a medical doctor specialising in mental health) based in Bristol, UK.
She has significant experience providing general psychiatric care to adults of all ages, and specialist perinatal mental health care for women and their families before, during and after pregnancy.
With Dr Hayward, you will get:
- Quick mental health assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Only medical doctors can assess, diagnose and treat your mental condition with medical prescriptions. By appointing Dr Hayward directly, you can bypass months of waiting lists and start your journey to recovery within weeks.
- Complete care. Dr Hayward takes a holistic approach to your wellbeing and recovery. This means considering all relevant biological, psychological and social factors, building a tailored treatment plan including appropriate medication and therapies, and (if required) providing referrals to trusted, highly-qualified therapists that can support your ongoing recovery.
- Proven results. Dr Hayward only uses evidence-based treatments that are proven to be effective. She has helped thousands of people on their way to mental wellness.
- Experience you can trust. A UK-qualified consultant (MBChB) and member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, Dr Hayward has over 20 years’ experience working in and leading NHS mental health services and has been a resident medical expert for BBC programmes. She is an accredited specialist regulated by the General Medical Council, UK.
- A personal approach. As your private consultant psychiatrist, Dr Hayward will give you the care you deserve. She offers appointment formats to suit your needs, whether via telephone, video-link or face-to-face.
Dr Hayward covers the following general adult mental health conditions affecting adults (aged 18+):
- Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Adult ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Dr Hayward also specialises in the following perinatal mental health conditions affecting new mothers or their partners:
- Pre-Pregnancy Assessment
- Antenatal Mental Health Conditions
- Postnatal Mental Health Conditions
Please note, Dr Hayward does not cover these conditions:
- Eating Disorders
How it works
1. Complete an enquiry form
It’s quick and easy to self-refer for psychiatric assessment. Get started using the online enquiry form below, giving us some basic information about yourself and what support you’re looking for.
2. Book your appointment
We’ll then tell you whether we can help you. If we can’t, we may be able to recommend other appropriate specialists. If we can, we’ll schedule a time for your initial mental health assessment and send you more details confirming process and payment.
3. Plan your treatment
Your initial mental health assessment (whether virtual or face-to-face) is a safe space to discuss your symptoms, concerns and medical history. Dr Hayward will explain your likely diagnosis and agree a management plan with you – following up with a written report for you and your GP.
4. Monitor your progress
Your treatment may include medical prescriptions (usually through your GP), referral for specialist therapy or inpatient care. If your treatment plan is on an outpatient basis under Dr Hayward’s care, she will advise on any follow-up appointments to help you on your way to wellness.
Dr Hayward is recognised by most major insurance providers and also accepts self-pay patients. Payment must be made in advance of each appointment.
General mental health assessment
Includes a full report to the patient/referrer/GP.
- Via video or In-person (1 clinical hour): £425
- A clinical hour is an industry standard comprising 45 minutes consultation and 15 mins administration
- Via video or In-person (up to 30 mins): £225
- Via video or In-person (up to 1 hour): £400
- Each additional 15 minutes or part thereof: £100
Perinatal mental health assessment
Includes a full report to the patient/referrer/specialist/GP and liaison with midwife/obstetrician as required. Please note we cannot accept Health Insurance as a payment for perinatal mental health assessments, as some insurers do not cover pregnancy related conditions.
- Via video or In-person (up to 90 mins): £650
- A perinatal assessment comprises 70 minutes consultation and 20 mins administration/clinical liaison
Adult ADHD Initial Assessment
An initial assessment includes: 1.5-2hr ADHD diagnostic assessment; Review/scoring of 2-4 x PARENT and/or PARTNER rating scales; Review/scoring of 2-4 x PARENT and/or PARTNER rating scales; Preparation of a full diagnostic report & recommendations after your appointment. Please note we cannot accept Health Insurance as a payment for ADHD assessments, as some insurers do not cover the fees in full.
- Via video or In-person (up to 2hrs): £1500
Adult ADHD Treatment
If a diagnosis of ADHD is made, you will require an initial treatment planning appointment to discuss your diagnosis and agree a suitable treatment plan. In the event that you decide to pursue a trial of medication, an ongoing medication treatment package will be required. Full fee breakdown information is available on request.
- ADHD Initial treatment planning: £250
- ADHD Ongoing 3 month Medication Treatment Package: £750
- Ongoing ADHD follow-up – every 3-6 months: £250
- Issued within appointment: Free of charge
- Out of appointment: £50
- Outside of clinic appointment (up to 15 minutes): £125
- Each additional 5 minutes thereafter: £42.50
Individually priced according to instruction. Please request a quote.
- Minimum consultation fee (up to 1 hour): £500
Take the first step
If you’re ready to take the first step towards better mental health, please complete this enquiry form and we will respond as soon as possible.
Helpful mental health resources
If you, a family member or friend have concerns about mental ill-health, questions about medications, or a need emergency support, there are a number of helpful resources that we recommend